RAS E-News March 2011
Volume 6, Number 4
1. RAS welcomes new staff member Kathy Colabaugh
Kathy Colabaugh, a senior administrator at the IEEE headquarters in Piscataway NJ, has started to work with Rosalyn Snyder as a member of the Robotics and Automation staff. Kathy is a long time IEEE employee and was previously the senior administrator of the Broadcast Technology Society. She will be working very closely with the Vice Presidents of Financial Activities and Conference Activities to help keep RAS activities running smoothly and reducing the burden on our hard working volunteers.
2. IROS2011, ICAR 2011 delay submissions deadlines due to Japan earthquake
IROS 2011 has delayed its submission deadline to March 28. ICAR 2011 has delayed its submission deadline to April 1. Check conference websites to verify other deadline.
3. RAS AdCom, board and committee meetings in Shanghai
The RAS Administrative Committee and most boards and committees will hold meetings during or after ICRA 2011 in Shanghai May 9-13. The Administrative Committee will meet on May 14. The meetings schedule has been posted on the web at http://www.ieee-ras.org/calendar/meetinglist Most meetings will be held in the conference center where sessions and workshop will take place at the Shanghai International Conference Center. Room assignments will be posted as soon as they are available.
4. RAS memberships growth continues
The January membership report showed that total RAS membership had increased 12.9% over the same period a year, with increases in every member grade ranging from a 15% increase in affiliate members to a 29 percent increase in undergraduate students.
5. Look for your invitation to view your digital edition of Robotics and Automation Magazine.
All members will soon receive an invitation to view the March 2011 fully formatted digital edition of Robotics & Automation Magazine on their browser or download it as a pdf to their computer or other device. New and renewing members had the option of choosing a digital only subscription to RAM at reduced dues or continuing to receive the print magazine along with the digital edition. Let us know what you think!
6. Looming conference deadlines!
The following conferences have submission deadlines prior to June 1. Check the RAS Conference Calendar at http://www.ieee-ras.org/calendar/list .
- MMAR 2011. 6th International Conference on Methods & Models in Automation & Robotics. Submissions due March 28. http://www.mmar.edu.pl/
- IROS 2011. IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems. Submissions deadline extended to MARCH 28, 2011. http://www.iros2011.org
- Humanoids 2011.11th IEEE -RAS International Conference on Humanoid Robot. Submissions due May 29th 2011>
- ICCAS 2011. 11th International Conference on Control, Automation and Systems. Submissions due April 15. http://2011.iccas.org/