ECMR 2017- Call for Papers Deadline
On May 02, 2017
The 2017 European Conference on Mobile Robotics is an internationally open biennial European forum, allowing researchers to learn about and discuss the latest accomplishments and innovations in mobile robotics and mobile human-robot systems. ECMR 2017 is the 8th edition of the conference, and will be held in Paris, France. ECMR will provide keynote sessions, original presentations about research in progress and it will be organized in single track mode to favor discussions.
ECMR welcomes articles describing fundamental developments in the field of mobile robotics, with special emphasis on autonomous systems. An important goal of this conference is to extend the state of the art in both symbolic and sensory based mobile robot design, control and learning in the context of autonomous systems, featuring interdisciplinary approaches from computer science, control systems, electrical engineering, mathematics, mechanical engineering, and other fields. Mobile robots and intelligent machines and systems are critical in areas such as industrial applications; service and personal assistants; space, underwater, and remote exploration; entertainment; safety, search, and rescue; agriculture applications and intelligent vehicles. Special emphasis is placed on intelligent machines and systems and perception for unstructured environments, where a significant portion of the environment is unknown and cannot be directly sensed or controlled.
Articles on the theoretical, computational and experimental aspects of autonomous systems, or modules of such systems are strongly encouraged in several aspects of research on mobile robots and machine intelligence.
Topics of Interest
- Robot Perception: Vision, Range Sensing, Inertial and propreoceptive sensing, Sensor Fusion
- Robot Mobility: Mapping, Localization, Navigation, SLAM, Exploration
- Planning and Algorithms: Motion Planning, Task Planning, Coordination, Complexity and Completeness, Computational Geometry, Simulation
- Estimation and Learning for Robotic Systems: Reinforcement Learning, Bayesian Techniques, Graphical Models, Imitation Learning, Programming by Demonstration
- Field Robotics: Underwater Robotics, Aerial/Space Robotics, Agricultural and Mining Robotics
- Distributed Robotics Systems: Multi-Robot Systems, Networked Robots, Swarm Robotics, Entertainment Robotics
- Human-Robot Interaction and Human Centered Systems: Brain-Machine Interfaces, Haptics, Tactile Interfaces, Telerobotics, Human Augmentation, Assistive Robots, Social Robots, Safe Interaction
- Micro/Nano Robotics: Humanoids, Legged Systems, Snakes, Novel Actuators, Reconfigurable Robots, Micro/Nanobot
2 May 2017- Submission deadline
19 June 2017- Notification of acceptance or rejection
12 July 2017- Camera ready version and early registration
For more information, go to http://ecmr2017.ensta-paristech.fr/
Technical co-Sponsorship by IEEE RAS