The IEEE Robotics and Automation Society is managed by the Administrative Committee, which consists of eighteen elected members and six officers of the Society. The Executive Committee, which is chaired by the President, administers the day-to-day business of the Society. Six Vice Presidents are a part of the Executive Committee, each leads a major board:
- Conference Activities Board
- Financial Activities Board
- Industrial Activities Board
- Member Activities Board
- Publication Activities Board
- Technical Activities Board
Also considered a major board, the Electronic Products and Services Board is responsible for the creation and management of the Society’s web site and electronic services.
There are other standing committees that administer the operations of the Society in various areas. These include:
- Awards Committee (Senior-Past President, Chair)
- Constitution & Bylaws Committee (Secretary, Chair)
- Long Range Planning Committee (President-Elect, Chair), and
- Nominations Committee (Junior-Past President, Chair).
The Society President may also establish ad hoc committees of finite duration to fulfill specific needs.
The IEEE Robotics and Automation Society is one of some 45 societies and councils within the IEEE, and abides by its governing documents. In addition, RAS has society specific governing documents: